Saturday, November 21, 2009

Great Virtues of Allah's Apostle (Part I)

As Muslims all know, the Apostle's example is to be emulated, as he was the perfect man.

I would like to start a new series examining the Great Virtures of Allah's Messenger. In these posts, I will regal Muslims with the GLORIOUS deeds and actions or the perfect man.

I will kick us off here with this beautiful example of Allah's Apostle in Action:

First Virtue to GLORIFY was the Apostle: SELF CONTROL

Allah’s Apostle had excellent control on himself. He could fondle any of his wives then walk away...

Bukhari,Volume 1, Book 6, Number 299:
Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Aswad:

(on the authority of his father) 'Aisha said: "Whenever Allah's Apostle wanted to fondle anyone of us during her periods (menses), he used to order her to put on an Izar and start fondling her." 'Aisha added, "None of you could control his sexual desires as the Prophet could."


Bukhar, iVolume 1, Book 6, Number 300:
Narrated Maimuna:

When ever Allah's Apostle wanted to fondle any of his wives during the periods (menses), he used to ask her to wear an Izar.


The Second Virtue of the Apostle of Allah to be considered was his ability of: SELF SACRIFICE

Once Apostle of God took a gorgeous young slave girl from a jihadi (who was given as booty to him by Abu Bakr after a raid on tribe Fazara), and instead of disrobing and enjoying this irresistible girl (described as prettiest in Arabia ) himself, he used her as ransom for imprisoned jihadis.

Narrated Ibn Muhairiz: Muslim Book 019, Number 4345:

Among captured women was a woman from Banu Fazara. She was wearing a leather coat. With her was her daughter who was one of the PRETTIEST GIRLS IN ARABIA. Abu Bakr bestowed that girl upon me as a prize. So we arrived in Medina .

I met prophet in the Medina street who said: Give me that girl, O Salama. I said: Messenger of Allah, she has fascinated me. I had not yet disrobed her. When on the next day. the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) again met me in the street, he said: O Salama, give me that girl, may God bless your father. I said: She is for you. Messenger of Allah! By Allah. I have not yet disrobed her. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) SENT HER TO THE PEOPLE OF MECCA AND SURRENDERED HER AS RANSOM FOR A NUMBER OF MUSLIMS WHO HAD BEEN KEPT AS PRISONERS AT MECCA.


All Muslims must see the GLORIOUS nature of the Apostle's self control, and his SELF SACRIFICING nature and witness the Miracle of Islam.

No comments: